Our electronic design team will accelerate your new hardware development whilst helping you build a robust supply chain. Our team of expert hardware engineers work with you to build your specification, source components, navigate supply chain issues, design, prototype and test your designs and manufacture and certify them ready to enter the market.
Medical Health Tech IoT Wearables Defence Life sciences Automotive
Electronic design and sensing focused on people, life science and healthcare
- Analogue, digital and mixed signal devices
- Low power wearables
- Internet of things (IoT), Wifi, Bluetooth, Zigbee, GSM, NFC, LoRa
- Body sensor networks (ECG, GSR, HR, BP, EMG, RR)
- Sensing, IMU (gyro/accelerometer/magnetometer), time of flight
- Gas and liquid sensing and control, mass flow controllers (MFCs), humidity control
- Dispensing systems, microfluidic systems and dosing
- Piezo actuators and haptics
- Bespoke testbench devices
- Technology demonstrators
- Heating and cooling, PID control systems
- FPGA, Verilog, VHDL, Xilinx
- RS232, RS485, Modbus, Ethernet, CAN bus, J1939, SPI, I2C, UART
- Embedded software C/C++, Free RTOS, Mbed, Kiel
- Altium, KiCAD, Eagle, LTSpice
- Digital system design, 8, 16 & 32 bit microcontrollers, PIC, ARM, AVR
- PCB design 2-16 layer rigid, flexi and semi-flexible boards
- Global manufacturing network
Our team of electronic design experts will help you develop new hardware, accelerate your time to market and mitigate regulatory and supply chain risks.
The first step in developing a new piece of electronic hardware is building a robust design specification. This is a document which outlines all of the requirements for your electronic design, including function, performance, environment, packaging, manufacturability, testing, certifications etc. You may already have this, or if not, we will work with you to create it.
Once we have a complete understanding of your specification, we’ll begin sourcing the right components making sure there is a good supply available and provision for drop-in replacements where possible. This can be a complicated process, but our team has the knowledge and experience to make it seamless. We’ll make sure that all of the components we spec are available when you need them to reduce the risk of shipping delays later.
After all of the components have been sourced, our team will design prototype PCBs and test your designs to ensure that they meet all of the requirements outlined in the specification. We’ll work with you throughout this process to make sure that the electronic design and hardware meets all of the specification points. Our team of firmware engineers can also write the embedded firmware for you.
Once the prototypes have been signed off, we can manufacture your PCBs using one of our many, specialised partner factories in the UK and across the world, or you can use your own. We also work with test-houses across the UK for EMC and other certifications including those specific to highly regulated industries such as medical, military and automotive.
Great guy's very friendly professional organisation
27th March 2020
I have worked with the Ignitec team for several years on many different projects and would highly recommend them to anyone in need of truly creative ideas and cutting edge solutions.
27th July 2022
A great company to work for with some of the best talent in the design industry.
27th March 2019