Ignitec is a fast growing, independent design consultancy based in Bristol. Our projects range from drug delivery to wearable devices and consumer products. We work from a bright, modern open plan office and lab close to the city centre. We are a small, young and energetic team looking for great people who share our ambition and way of thinking. If you have strong design skills and are looking for a new challenge, it may be time to talk.
We are recruiting for a high calibre industrial design engineer with experience designing consumer products and electronic devices to join our small team and help lead new product development. We are ideally looking for a candidate who has a background in design consultancy and who is comfortable with the demands of managing multiple projects for big clients and working to deadlines. The ideal candidate is somebody who has experience of taking products successfully to market, dealing directly with clients, managing projects, presenting pitches and delivering great results. This is a great opportunity for somebody who is driven and looking for a new challenge and the potential for big career development. Experience designing mechanical systems, presenting to clients and an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes is essential as is an eye for aesthetics and good design. You will be responsible for quoting and managing projects, understanding client expectations and delivering results which create value for our clients. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity with big responsibilities and scope for lots of professional growth and development as the team grows, we want to hear from you.
- Extensive knowledge and high proficiency with Solidworks
- High proficiency with Keyshot
- High proficiency with Adobe CS
- Strong sketching and visual communication skills, tablet sketching ability is a bonus
- Extensive experience designing for injection moulding and other industrial processes
- Experience liaising with manufacturers
- Project management skills
- Experience working to quality management standards e.g. ISO9001
- Experience delivering client pitches
- Experience leading projects from start to finish
- Experience delivering projects to big clients
- Strong track record of taking products through to manufacture
- Able to manage own projects with little direction
Competitive salary + perks and performance bonuses